Enjoy a Complete, Functional Smile with Single Dental Implants
Losing even one tooth can be frustrating. Not only does it damage your smile, but it makes chewing and speaking difficult. If you don’t replace your tooth, it causes domino effects, including tooth shifting and TMJ disorder.
Signature Smiles Dental in Riverside, California, offers b as an excellent replacement for your natural tooth. An implant is a metal post surgically placed in your jawbone to secure a crown. Once in place, your dental implant looks, feels, and functions like the tooth you just lost.
How does a dentist perform a single implant procedure?
Our dental team follows a careful and systematic process to ensure the success and optimal outcome of dental implant treatment. In the initial examination, we use dental X-rays and 3D scans to determine the health of your gums and teeth. The aim is to ensure you’re free from gum disease and cavities and have a healthy bone to support an implant.
If you’re eligible for dental implants, your treatment will involve the steps below.
- We’ll numb the treatment area with local anesthesia
- Then, we make a small incision on your gums to expose your bone
- We drill a hole in your jawbone and insert a biocompatible titanium metal post
- We place a healing cap and suture the surgical site to pave the way for healing
- You’ll wait four to six months for your implant to heal and fuse with the jawbone through osseointegration
- When fusion occurs, we will perform minor surgery to attach an abutment (connector) to the implant. Sometimes, this procedure is done during the implant placement
- Finally, we place a natural-looking dental prosthetic (could be a crown or bridge) to restore your tooth
Our dental team will closely monitor your progress throughout the process, ensuring that healing proceeds as expected. Even after placement, you’ll schedule regular follow-up appointments to assess the long-term success of the dental implants and to address any concerns or adjustments needed.
Benefits of single dental implants
Our dental implants are created using top-of-the-line materials expertly placed by our experienced dental team. We aim to complete your smile with a superior restoration that looks and functions like your natural teeth, if not better.
Here are the benefits of dental implants:
- Stimulate your jawbone to deter bone loss
- Feel and function like your own teeth
- Maintaining dental implants is similar to caring for your natural teeth
- Renewed confidence and self-esteem
- Restored ability to eat and speak confidently
- Last for life with proper care
- Stabilize the nearby teeth
The professional team at Signature Smiles Dental only uses medical-grade materials to deliver healthy, beautiful smiles. You can expect your dental implant to look natural, last long, and function optimally.
To replace your missing tooth in Riverside, CA, please call (951) 450-0258 to schedule a dental implant consultation with Signature Smiles Dental.