There are many reasons you may need a dental filling. Once bacteria attack your tooth, cavities may form, and you need treatment to prevent the cavity from deepening. A chip or crack in your teeth can also be repaired using a filling to prevent further damage to the tooth. Dr. Geomel Bebing and Dr. Harun Ayouby may also recommend a composite filling to replace your unsightly amalgam filling you hate because of its unnatural appearance.
At Signature Smiles Dental, a dental filling is a routine procedure we carry out to ensure you leave our clinic with healthy teeth. If you need a tooth filling in Riverside, California, here are five steps towards a cavity-free smile:
- Examining your tooth: The first step is to determine the health of your tooth through a physical examination and X-rays. The objective is to identify whether a filling is the best treatment to restore your teeth. If the damage is extensive, Dr. Bebing and Dr. Harun Ayouby will recommend a dental crown.
- Anesthesia: We will numb your tooth to eliminate discomfort during the procedure. Sometimes, you don’t need numbing if the tooth cavity is minor.
- Removal of the decay: Next, our dentist uses a high-speed drill to remove the decayed part of your tooth. Other than the vibration of the drill, this procedure doesn’t generate any discomfort. After removing the decayed portion, we disinfect your tooth to eliminate harmful bacteria.
- Filling the tooth: We apply an acidic gel to your tooth to create a durable bond with the filling material. Then, we fill your tooth layer by layer with composite resin and harden it in place using a curing light.
- Checking your bite: Once the tooth is filled, we will check your bite to ensure it feels normal. We make the necessary adjustments to your filling and then polish it for a shiny look. Now you are free to enjoy your restored smile!
After the tooth filling, the only post-op instruction is to avoid eating or chewing until the anesthesia wears off. Otherwise, your tooth is fully restored to bite, chew, and eat without discomfort or sensitivity.
Dental Fillings Near Me in Riverside, California
Ready to get a tooth filling in Riverside, California? Please dial (951) 450-0258 to schedule a consultation with Signature Smiles Dental. We offer tooth-colored fillings that restore your damaged teeth while preserving the natural esthetics of your smile.