Knowing what constitutes an emergency dental appointment is essential before calling the team at Signature Smiles Dental in Riverside, California. Our team can help, often providing same-day care and attention. Below are a few situations that may warrant a call to our office for further assistance:
- Severe toothache. Toothaches are common, but when they become severe, it can be a sign of something more serious. If you experience intense discomfort in your tooth that won’t go away with over-the-counter medication or home remedies, it’s best to schedule an emergency appointment with your dentist
- Broken or chipped teeth. Accidents happen, and if you have a chipped, cracked, or broken tooth, it’s important to seek dental care as soon as possible. Not only can these cause discomfort, but they can also lead to further damage if left untreated
- Knocked-out teeth. Whether it’s due to a sports injury or a fall, having a tooth knocked out is considered a dental emergency. In this case, time is of the essence as the chances of saving the tooth decrease after 30 minutes. If possible, try to place the knocked-out tooth back in its socket and hold it in place until you can get to your dentist’s office
- Lost or broken dental restorations. If you have a filling, crown, bridge, or other dental restoration that has fallen out or broken, it’s important to contact your dentist immediately. In addition to causing discomfort, it might also leave your tooth at risk of further damage and infection
- Abscessed tooth. An abscessed tooth is an extremely serious dental condition that requires immediate attention. It occurs when an infection spreads into the root of the tooth and surrounding tissues, causing severe discomfort and swelling. In addition to seeking emergency dental care, it’s important to also seek medical attention if the infection has spread beyond your mouth
Do I need to see an emergency dentist “near me?”
It is almost always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to dental emergencies. If you’re unsure whether or not your situation warrants an emergency appointment, don’t hesitate to call our office for guidance. Drs. Harun Ayouby and Geomel Brian Bebing will get you into the office for the care you need as soon as possible.
The office is located at 14140 Meridian Parkway, Suite #102, in Riverside, California, and can be reached by dialing (951) 450-0258.
Share this Article